If you have ever been on a Army installation you know that we call the liquor store the Class VI. Has to do with the government nomenclature of the items contained within.
You also know that folks put together care packages for the troops. Not as well known is that there are folks who regularly put together Class VI or “Sin” Packages.
Sometimes we can ship booze, however there is another item that the Class VI sells that is not as well known.
Tobacco. If you have served on the tip of the spear you know that dip, and tobacco in almost any form becomes as valuable as gold.
Here’s the deal.
Anyone who wants to help with some “Sin” packages for the troops let me know. Cigars, Dip, Duct tape etc. Got a group of fellow cigar enthusiasts who send out regularly and thought it might be cool to reach out to my friends and fellow Milbloggers for some items.
Things we are looking for:
- Cigar cutters
- small humidors (yes that little one that barely holds 10 cigars will work fine)
- Beechnut, Levi Garrett, Red Man, etc. Any flavor
- Copenhagen, Skoal, Kodiak etc. Any flavor
- Lighters, matches, Zippo’s etc.
- 100 MPH tape in OD Green or Black NO SILVER
- Gatorade powder, Water flavor packs like from Wal mart, any flavor
- Heavy duty rubber bands (sometimes called Ranger bands, or Airborne bands) in black
- Pocket knives, boot knives (don’t care if its made in China or Germany)
- Batteries, in any size or shape. Anyone who has ever used NVG’s know how valuable these things are.
- other assorted items that would be applicable to a “sin” tax (hence a “sin” package)
These are not to be party boxes.
We don’t want to have the DOD come hammer us for shipping 3 kegs and a crate of Scotch. While they would greatly appreciate it the logistics and liability factor is just too high.
What we are doing is supplying items that will not affect how they do their job. So smokes and chaw versus booze.
Everyone sends baby wipes, etc. We are doing something thats specifically different with a vastly different goal. Everyone wants to help them do their job, we want to help them take their mind off it.
If you have an issue with folks using smokes, etc. keep in mind: They are being shot at. They are being bombed. They are being ambushed. Who are we to tell them they can’t use tobacco? Next question please.
And here’s some food for thought on what Not to send.
All that said? Leave a comment or E-mail us at staff -at- registeredevil.com We’ll work out the details from there.
Fellow bloggers do me a favor and pass this along please? Thanks