Archive for April, 2011
- RT @severewarn: Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Calhoun, Dougherty, Lee, Terrell, Turner and Worth County in GA until 9:00am EDT. #gawx #
- Still in awe @weathermatrix: Worst tornado outbreak in 37 years: I will be updating my blog today with various stats. http://t.co/9OstjdD" #
- RT @TWCRickKnabb: One tornado is smaller than one #hurricane but the scope of this outbreak surpasses a number of past hurricane landfalls. #
- RT @JustinRudicel: AP: Death toll climbs to 193. 14 killed in Tennessee, 8 in Virginia. Deadliest #tornado outbreak since 1974 (307 killed) #
- Stay Alert! Stay Alive! @TWCBreaking: Still active #severe t-storm and #tornado warnings in the East right now: http://t.co/AJz16Ek" #
- RT @EmergencyStream: LIVESTREAM: AERIAL SHOTS OVER GEORGIA STORM DAMAGE. LIVE NOW: http://t.co/1zFxfVB #
- RT @TORNADOHUNT: Hats off to @severestudios for excellent online weather coverage all this week. Let it be a resource for you. #
- RT @txstormchasers: If you are looking for a loved one in Alabama, go to redcross.org and click on Safe and Well. #
- My lord… @JustinNOAA: #NOAA reported 660 severe storm reports yesterday, including 164 #tornado reports http://t.co/7LI4NX6" #
- RT Memo to #CNN Over 200 people died yesterday and you're reporting on Obama's birth certificate. This is why your news organization is… #
- This needs to be a mantra. Include royal wed also. @txskywtchr: No one gives a crap about where the President was born this morning CNN. #
- RT @AJinOK I hoped we'd gotten to the point where we could avoid this many fatalities from a tornado sadly we still have a lot of work to do #
- RT Respect victims! Ask urself if info is helpful & true b4 sharing Unofficial ratings/death tolls or "cute outbreak names" are distasteful #
- RT @IrishEagle: Major props to @twcMarkElliot @borntorunnergrl @TWCjerdman @sean_breslin and Chris D. for life-saving weather coverage! #
- RT @ChaserCentral I have feeling most of the deaths in AL were because of infrastructure failure No internet No power No wx radio=No warning #
- Take cover NY! @dancastner: #tornado warning Sussex, Morris, Passaic, Bergen and Orange Counties. Right now!!! #
- RT @DavidShuster "No time for this silliness" then Obama talks w/ Oprah & heads to fundraiser Arent there any grownups on the WH comm staff? #
- RT @WayneGrayson: The sight on University Boulevard in Alberta City is one of a refugee march." #
- RT @jimwxgator: Just got word that the University of Alabama will be CLOSED through the weekend. #alwx quot; #
- RT @WayneGrayson: From University Blvd. in Alberta. Devastation and walking. http://t.co/cGZhsEE #
- RT @WayneGrayson: Another shot from Alberta. Kids overlook the damage from a bridge. http://t.co/FhdzWgM" #
- RT @spann: RT @txstormchasers: Page set up to locate missing documents/items from yesterday's #tornado outbreak: http://t.co/QnTOtzx #alwx quot; #
- Fuel, water shortages plague tornado struck AL. Boil notices in effect and infrastructurer badly damaged #alwx #
- RT @WayneGrayson: Ruined home @ Alberta City http://t.co/Q5p9cOo" #
- CNN interviewed a man this morning who said there were no warnings before his house was destroyed by a tornado http://t.co/TcbSlR3 #
- Plz RT @JBishopwx: Can't s please stay away from Smithville,Ms Alabama locations, along with other hard hit areas. Please retweet or repost. #
- No. @weatherninja: Am I wrong in thinking the networks seem more focused on the royal wedding than the destruction across the country? #
- Take note! @JoCo_Emergency: Tornado Shelter Mantra: Go as low as possible and as interior as possible. Be safe! #
- Uh oh #arwx @Region8News: #breakingnews New breech in Pocahontas Levee http://t.co/v4hNlqb #
- Flooding! @Region8News: Here is an aerial picture of BRTC taken by David Steimel. http://t.co/NlzvDCG" #
- RT @KOMUnews: Getting ready for a press conference with US Army Corps of Engineers about status of Lake Wappapello./via @JessicaASmith8 ^KC #
- RT @Region8News: Here is an aerial picture of the Black River Bridge at Black Rock taken by David Steimel. http://t.co/Ocsvc6e #ARWX #
- RT @waff48: Curfew imposed in DeKalb County from 9:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m. This will begin today and continue until further notice. #
- RT @JBishopwx: NWS: Smithville, Ms Tornado rank a EF-4 with winds of 190mph. 13 dead with 5 still missing. #
- RT @KATV_Weather: Read the Arkansas DemGaz Friday. There will be a story about @weatherninja storm chasing for KATV Channel 7 #ARWX #
- RT @ChaseTheStorms I didn't think it was possible tohave this many deaths with technology and connectivity of today 'Warning apathy' kills. #
- RT @IrishEagle: Can't believe news agencies that don't understand are asking whether there was enough advance warning. Are you kidding me?" #
Powered by Twitter Tools
- Rt @NATOpress: F-16 aircraft incident upon landing at Sigonella #NATO #Libya – http://t.co/1JaFEEK #
- Time to stockpile @KING5Seattle: The price of coffee is going up again… so will you change your habits?http://t.co/mBrG50s #
- RT @lucky13wxman DANGEROUS storm with possible tornado heading out of NW Georgia towards Chattanooga http://t.co/zUzR8e2 http://t.co/CtVfSxi #
- Now can we deal with serious issues please? @markknoller: WH releases Obama birth certificate. http://t.co/UnCF7pO #
- RT @BreakingNews White House hands out copies of Obama's long-form birth certificate to media President to make statement at 9:45 am ET NBC #
- Duck and Cover GA! @Paul_The_Wxguru: @KATV_Weather Todd…there is a tornado headed for Chatanooga right now…just saw TWC feed on it. #
- RT @iWitnessWeather Stormrelative velocity (right) showing circulations Tim mentioned nr. Chattanooga & W of Calhoun, GA http://t.co/UjUadSP #
- Rt @KOMUnews: Amry Corps says Lake Wappapello will definitely overflow by Friday. Big concern in Poplar Bluff /via @TheoKeith ^AB #
- Rt @DeptofDefense Across the country, we've had tornadoes fires & floods NationalGuard is helping respond to disasters. http://t.co/faze1YV #
- Sad. Treat warnings seriously please people @spann: Confirmed Alabama death toll is now 3 from this morning's storms #alwx quot; #
- Never good @simpson3340: NOAA weather radio tower at Winfield is out right now. NWS working on it, but there is no estimated time of repair #
- Heads up GA @bamawx: Photos 1 mile north of Poplar Springs in Pontotoc Co MS 9:28: http://t.co/TQBgQZC http://t.co/49ARv2h #mswx #
- RT good to have given amount closed @Region8News: Latest road closures in AR & MO – go to kait8.com or click http://t.co/sjSBmND #ARWX #MOWX #
- RT Very Important @TeamSaintLouis: Wappapello Lake Information-Updated 4-27-11 @10:00am http://t.co/yL0EwtD #
- Rt @spann: RT @alabamapower 10am update: Statewide, we have 235K without service We've already restored power to more than 50,000 customers. #
- RT @vortex2nssl: Another High Risk day. Please be ready! Tornadoes already reported. http://t.co/Q9bgmJ9 #
- RT @iWitnessWeather: Damage to a house earlier in Alabama: http://t.co/nyOSL0P Damage earlier in Chattanooga: http://t.co/S76MHH2 #severe quot; #
- RT @TWCBreaking TOR:CON numbers just updated by Dr. Forbes: 9 northern/central AL and MS. 8 in NW GA, E. TN. Full list: http://t.co/mwqNVYG #
- RT @spann: You rarely ever see this kind of high tornado percentage from an SPC outlook. Goodness. http://t.co/Vw4PLmL #alwx quot; #
- RT wow! @wxsarah: Photos on @Region8News website! http://t.co/62t7mn3 Reports of water up to the doors at the Wal-Mart in Pocahontas" #
- Round two @KATV_Weather: BIG hail moving towards Clinton in Van Buren county now #ARWX quot; #
- RT @TWCBreaking: Flash flooding has trapped people in a home along Hwy 98 in the Centerpoint Community of Lawrence Co., TN #flood quot; #
- RT @TWeatherFanatic: @KATV_Weather I would not want to be in Chattanooga after what just blasted through Huntsville. Hopefully it weakens. #
- RT @KATV_Weather: Those of you in Chattanooga, look out to your west as storms approach. Paul Barys has you covered at WRCB #TNWX quot; #
- Whoa RT @Dan_Montecino: @wxbrad I-85 exit 71 http://t.co/tHG1BRL" #
- RT @reedtimmerTVN crazy wind shear. 10 knot surface winds, and if you climbed a 500m tower you would experience almost hurricane force winds #
- RT @wxbrad: RT @Hawkofva: @wxbrad my ninth floor window is paying off again! http://t.co/Cnrk5bS #
- Just as it started calming @TWCBreaking More locally heavy rain falling over already flooded S. MO and N. AR. See radar: http://t.co/5W88hew #
- Rt @iWitnessWeather: If this had no timestamp or location…I would've guessed this was a landfalling tropical cyclone: http://t.co/o2lf5eM #
- Rt @KATV_Weather: RT @kourtnay_koo: @KATV_Weather hail in morrilton!! http://t.co/5FpBjN3 #ARWX #
- Rt @wxsarah: RT @BigGunn: Good size hail in Pokey. #arwx @wxsarah http://t.co/li1Xjx4 #
- Many rds here in MO still flooded@KOMUnews view from the humvee this was a road…not a river. http://t.co/8obJyBy /via @JessicaASmith8 ^AB" #
- RT @KATV_Weather For my friends in the TN valley Very strong rotation moving towards Chattanooga, East Ridge, Rossville, and Fort Oglethorpe #
- Heads up! Bad situation @TeamSaintLouis: ALERT: Wappapello Lake Information: MODOT Closing HWY T http://t.co/yL0EwtD #STLresponse #
- RT @AndreaButera: PDS (particularly dangerous situation) #TORNADO WATCH just issued for parts of AL, GA, MS & TN until 10PM CDT. #
- Live! RT @KDRMedia: Adam Lucio is streaming live near Tupelo where there is a confirmed Torn: http://t.co/kjyCHes #mswx #alwx" #
- About dang time! RT @MelissaTweets: He's back: @brendanloy #PANIC quot; #
- Amazing RT @WeatherObs: With more than 450 reports of severe weather yesterday—including 50 tornado reports across… http://t.co/1qY9Dbo #
- RT seek shelter @TWCBreaking Very strong rotation hitting south side of #Chattanooga TN.for the 2nd time today! http://t.co/53PMw67 #severe #
- Folks in this area be advised @TeamSaintLouis: Public Info Meeting:Bird's Point/New Madrid Floodway @ 3pm http://t.co/tebSJZJ #
- Take Cover Now!! @centralokstorms: Possible tornado just south of Chattanooga, TN. #tnwx quot; #
- RT @BrianNeudorff: Tornado Watch for all of WNY KNOW a WATCH =WATCH OUT Something COULD happen it's the Warnings when something is happening #
- Now that's impressive RT @Region8News: Video of hail falling in Pocahontas, AR at 11:39 a.m. http://t.co/VONUetg" #
- Worthy read RT @USMC: Marine family pieces together life after tornado destruction http://t.co/lKmunia #Marines quot; #
- Been a rough season @MorganPalmer: Another nasty tornado day in the SE US. Six have died in Alabama with more tornadoes expected. #
- Important RT @wxsarah: RUMORS rampant re: Pocahontas Bridge, it is open, it is sound. #arwx #flooding" #
- Yesh RT @MorganPalmer: April 2011 was already the most active severe weather April in record per records from the SPC. The tally continues. #
- Hot damn! What a picture!! RT@VerneCarlson: Culman, AL tornado on live stream moments ago! http://t.co/eNGVT8l http://t.co/Dr6W2rl #
- RT @KOMUnews: Senator Claire Mccaskill says she is against the plan to intentionally breach the levee. /via @JessicaASmith8 ^RRi" #
- RT @severestudios: Michael Brewer is streaming a large tornado LIVE just east of MACON, MS: http://t.co/PtWbgMK #happeningnow #live #
- RT @TWCBreaking: Latest tornado warning for storm now NE of Cullman. This tornado is confirmed!!! http://t.co/uPfiH76 #severe quot; #
- Find shelter! @jloganwxguy: Tornado on the ground near Harveill!! This is south of Poplar Bluff!! #MOWX #
- It never ends @KATV_Weather: Law enforcement reports a tornado on the ground between Black Oak and Monette #ARWX quot; #
- Unreal @iWitnessWeather: Photo of tornado near Arab, AL http://t.co/hsjcUQh #severe quot; #
- Folks pay attention to this weather. Tornados on the ground across the country. Seek shelter! Don't wait! Tune in to your local Wx news cast #
- Eyes to the skies folks, its VERY serious! RT @iWitnessWeather: Tornado photo from Alabama: http://t.co/xfpW0wJ #severe quot; #
- Just amazing RT @severestudios: Frame grab Andy Gabrielson's video from Philadelphia, MS. Violent tornado! http://t.co/RJzEJhg #
- No words just go see @wx8ben: Amazing tornado just streamed LIVE on ChaserTV!!!! http://t.co/7YCKsL8" #
- Hope everyone at my old job is ok @TWCBreaking: #Tornado reported by multiple sources near Monette, MO. #
- Simply unreal RT @myfoxal: Craziest photo we have so far of the tornado in Cullman, AL… http://t.co/zzNBcWv. #alwx quot; #
- Reports of Tornados on the ground in AR, MO, AL and more, folz tune in and find shelter! #
- MO weather breaking loose again @jloganwxguy: FISK be in your safe spot!!! Rotation tightening up near you. #MOWX quot; #
- Not good RT @weatherchannel 's Dr. Greg Forbes just upgraded his TOR:CON index to '10' out of 10 for tornadoes in northern AL" #
- I'm going to go out on a limb and say this outbreak is unprecedented. Let experts finalize but this unreal #
- RT @TWCChrisWarren: This is huge! http://t.co/FphkC3y" #
- RT @stormchaser4850: DEVELOPING: RT @wsfa12news: Cullman, AL Regional Medical Center has declared a disaster after significant tornado" #
- RT @ounwcm: Big time historic tornado outbreak going on in AL and MS. If you know someone there, be sure they know!! http://t.co/M89Uf2q" #
- RT @stormchasernick: Complete #tornado chaos – 31 active Tornado Warnings at the moment." #
- RT @weatherchannel: Potential *HISTORIC TORNADO OUTBREAK* is in progress now! May close in on 1974 Super Outbreak 24-hr tornado record." #
- RT @tornadoquest: Major #tornado outbreak underway in the South. Please heed ALL warnings & keep tuned to NOAA #weather radio or media!!! #
- RT @EmergencyStream: LIVESTREAM: LARGE WEDGE TORNADO APPROACHING TUSCALOOSA,AL. LIVE NOW! http://t.co/oVF0TsG #
- Georgia this mess is heading for you tonight. Potentially record breaking tornados, high winds and rain. Prepare plans now, and be ready! #
- RT @JimCantore: Forbes on TWC: "In all my years I have never seen this many debris balls in my career much les… (cont) http://t.co/ytlwrfm #
- Good job guys! Keep it up! @BrianNeudorff: Wow impressive live coverage from @spann & Alabama Weather #alwx – http://t.co/lirVTSc" #
- This means NOW! @WickedWindMedia: Tuscaloosa, AL is in MAJOR TROUBLE! TAKE COVER NOW! #
- Live! @MesoChick: ABC 33/40 Main – ABC3340 http://t.co/BVkqXBM Large wedge tornado being streamed live…headed into #Tuscaloosa #
- Reliable Storm chaser DO IT! @TexasChaser: IF YOU HAVE FAMILY IN SOUTHERN CHATTANOOGA TENNESSEE TELL THEM TO TAKE COVER NOW. #
- RT @EmergencyStream: LIVESTREAM: TUSCALOOSA, UNIV OF ALABAMA IN THE PATH OF A LARGE TORNADO. WATCH LIVE NOW: http://t.co/oVF0TsG" #
- Rt @StephanieAbrams: HUGE TORNADO LIVE!!! http://t.co/BVkqXBM" #
- Rt @severestudios: Large wedge tornado heading for Tuscaloosa, AL. LIVE VIDEO ABC 33/40: http://t.co/yFWpKbm Relatives in Tusc.? CALL THEM!" #
- RT @TWCBreaking: National Weather Service office in Huntsville, AL taking shelter due to confirmed tornado #severe #
- Not good @severestudios: John Brown reports mile-wide tornado near Tuscaloosa, AL" #
- Again?! Not good @simpson3340: Another possible tornado on the west side of Tuscaloosa" #
- Rt @KendraReed69: Watching what is occurring in Tuscaloosa and other areas, just sick to my stomach #tornado #alwx #severe #tuscaloosa" #
- "@TWCBreaking: Birmingham airport telling people to get away from windows" #
- RT @SteveMillerOK: We're clearly seeing weather history in the making. ABC Feed: http://t.co/RzzFV0a Fox: http://t.co/nzkv2Yl #
- "@BreakingNews: Storm spotters confirm tornado touches down about 1 mile west of Quantico, VA – NBC News" #
- If your Cell phone can not make a call in a crisis send a TEXT! Text messaging does not cause as much congestion and has a Higher success #
- This is as bad as it gets folks. Sorry American idol has to be interrupted. STAY ALERT STAY ALIVE! #
- For storm junkies like myself, if your rooting to break the Outbreak record: Remember peoples lives are in balance of the equation. #severe #
- Catoosa County- Georgia EMA reports a tornado touchdown in the city of Ringgold. Multiple structures down. #
- Think my eyes r crossing from relaying this data. Storm-chasers you guys really earned your reps and pay today. #
- if casualty rate low its thanks to you, and the support teams at NWS, SPC and TWC. Great Job all! #
- "@txstormchasers: Already hearing today being called Wicked Wednesday by some of those in the South. Definitely a fitting name… #tornado quot; #
Powered by Twitter Tools
Last night possibly the worst storm in 29 years rolled through the south east.
More than 200 people are dead across five southern states following what the National Weather Service is calling the deadliest wave of tornadoes since 1974.
Five southern states — Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee and Virginia — are reporting fatalities, with officials reporting at least 141 dead in Alabama and eight in Virginia.
This storm barely missed my town of Smyrna, and we were lucky. Too many people lost their lives, and I struggle to find a reason for it.
Last night around 8:00, I started getting ready for the worst. Mind you, I am rarely uneasy about storms, but this one seemed different. It was just so hot and humid outside, and with a violent thunderstorm on its way, I knew this is what breeds tornado’s. Unfortunately little else is known about why tornado’s strike with very little warning.
Fear sunk in as I watched the radar and the swirling red and yellow approaching, it was very sobering as I looked around our humble home and chose which of my valuables to save. I packed a couple bags, of course the diaper bag for the baby with diapers and a change of clothes, milk, and juice. Then I looked to our personal valuables. I packed our firebox with priceless jewelry, some files, birth certs and marriage licenses, social security cards. We took our baby’s book which had all the first memories, first hair clippings, and my computers and backup hard drive.
While looking at our bags, and got ready to start taking them down to the neighbors basement, I wondered how many by daybreak won’t even have these few things left.
Every time I hear of a storm, virtualy just wind and rain, 2 of the things that supply life, that is taking lives I have to wonder….
Why does this happen? How is it that 2 of the most important things that sustain human life kill so many people?
Bloodspite said it best when we talk of tornado’s, “They are the literal Finger of God”
I pray for the families that lost loved ones and of the families that lost their houses and businesses, nothing left to do now but to pick up the pieces and move on….
Those of you who followed us on Twitter and FB last night know it was a long night.
If you have seen the headlines this morning, …a very…long…night.
I got about 2 hours sleep before hitting the ground running for my real job.
Our prayers go out to the families and friends of the lost.
If you want to thank any of the guys and girls who made our little informational possible…look on the right hand side under “Riders of the Storm”.
Keeping you informed by braving dangers is what they do.
Posted from WordPress for Android
- Only took me an hour to get to work vs the 2 to get home. Waters receeding so far, but more rain coming. Drizzling now #
- MT @JimCantore Atmosphere reloading now 4 another very active day of #severe Almost a repeat of yesterday. Wed scares me 4 MS/AL/GA &TN #
- Rt @KATV_Weather: Video of Vilonia Tornado RT @KDRMedia: http://t.co/fSjsTX7 courtesy of Bill Oosterbann #arwx quot; #
- Rt @WeatherRick: Our flood threat continues overnight into Wed. morning. More rain, some severe weather possible. #arwx http://t.co/iNfmbpw #
- RT @wxsarah: Flooding, significant threat for tornados today, damaging winds and large hail. Be prepared, stay tuned. Stay safe. #arwx quot; #
- RT @timwhitley: Jim Cantore heading to Little Rock. #ARWX Never good" #
- RT Remember Vilona, AR today in your prayers @spann: Arkansas death toll now 7… will probably go higher unfortunately http://t.co/859FosQ" #
- RT @BreakingNews: Arkansas storm update: 7 deaths now attributed to severe weather, 4 from tornado, 3 from flash floods http://t.co/pU5bo8T #
- Rt @Ryan_WTOL: SPC has upgraded today to a 'high risk' for severe weather in parts of TX, LA, AR and OK. #wx http://t.co/Kp0hmcr #
- Rt @wxbrad: High Risk Upgrade for the ARKLATEX http://t.co/EJmiiQb #tornadoes #
- Rt "@wxsarah: RT @Region8News: AR town to greet morning light with trepidation http://t.co/s78A7hp" #
- Rt "@Region8News: Levees ready to burst as rain pounds central US http://t.co/UwIK4JQ" #
- Rt @convectivetweet: NWS TX A Violent and Potential Deadly Outbreak of Tornadoes will be possible across the Four State region today" #txwx #
- Rt @KATV_Weather: This video can't be rebroadcast without permission. @weatherclipper is a chaser for Channel 7 #ARWX http://t.co/NpTDTqu #
- Rt @Region8News: A photo of the end of Highway 117 at Jessup, AR was sent in by an Anonymous user. http://t.co/xp5wfC8" #
- Rt @AndreaButera: ***BREAKING NEWS*** The levee, protecting Poplar Bluff, MO has reportedly breached. Still gathering details…" #
- Rt @KATV_Weather: New storm deveopment could occur as early as 3-4 PM today #ARWX quot; #
- Rt@Region8News Poplar Bluff Police report that there are 2 cracks in levee in Poplar Bluff on County Road 607, more evacuations are expected #
- Rt @ryanvaughan: RT @Region8News: #breakingnews Police: Levee protecting MO town breaches http://t.co/07vxHwa" #
- Rt @ryanvaughan Wow… Follow this Region 8 Wx Watcher for pics of flooding RT @JasonBHampton: Picture from Doniphan Mo. http://t.co/xaVuD19 #
- Rt @timwhitley: Jim Cantore will be stationed in Arkadelphia, AR for tonights storm coverage. #arwx quot; #
- Releases from Table Rock Lk. exceeding '08 #flood Upstream is Beaver Dam in NW Ark, also w/ hi releases. Map: http://t.co/XpPocKf #
- MT Danger! @AndreaButera Severe Weather Expert Dr. Greg Forbes has upped the TOR:CON to a 9 for northeast TX & south AR. It only goes to 10. #
- Rt @Region8News: AP – About 400 National Guard members in Poplar Bluff #MOWX quot; #
- RT this means u @wxsarah: No excuses for being unprepared tonight in AR/MO/TN/MS. Be prepared, stay tuned in, and stay alert re: #arwx #mowx #
- Rt @TeslaMotors: Tesla's Elon Musk sits down with the WSJ for "The Big Interview," busts through #EV misconceptions: http://t.co/QB3kmZw #
- Rt @ME_Leclerc1776: US Navy Sailors Join in ANZAC Day Ceremony http://t.co/ZjxIf6T" #
- RT @TRADOC: LTG Robert Cone to be promoted to GEN, assume command of #USArmy #TRADOC on Friday >> http://t.co/ujBBB8D #
- Rt @Region8News: Arkansas death toll reaches 8 with flooding death http://t.co/elk6cvI #ARWX #
- Rt "@USFOR_A: The Army's best bomb-disposal unit calls Fort Benning home >> http://t.co/D3vrUrZ" #
- Rt @BreakingNews: Benton County coroner confirms 4th Arkansas flooding death, bringing statewide storm toll to 8 – AP http://t.co/pKxb0A1" #
- Boys of Summer #songlyricsthatcouldbefromserialkillers quot; #
- Rt @ryanvaughan: Riggs in Poplar Bluff: http://t.co/IEw3bCd #MOWX quot; #
- "I remember how you made me crazy, I remember how I made you scream" #songlyricsthatcouldbefromserialkillers #
- Rt @iWitnessWeather: More from Vilonia, AR: http://t.co/p64gH2d http://t.co/lebtBeZ http://t.co/cGZn87s http://t.co/UdSveR0 #severe quot; #
- Deadly Vilonia, Ark. tornado from last night is an EF2, could be upgraded as survey continues. Photos: http://t.co/f6lZdwc #severe quot; #
- Rt @stormchaser4850: DEVELOPING PDS TORNADO WATCH COVERAGE AREA INCLUDING PARTS OF AR, IL, KY, MO, MS, TN UNTIL10 PM CDT http://t.co/DswjEVY #
- Rt @TexasChaser: On a massive wall cloud..behind the TIV" #
- Rt @TWeatherFanatic: Everyone in Ar be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. This is a rapidly developing situation. #arwx quot; #
- RT @BrianNeudorff: This Radar is constantly updating every 6 min just hit refresh – http://t.co/zGg0FkR #ROC quot; #
- Rt @BreakingNews: Sheriff confirms 1 dead in flood in central Ark., raising death toll from storms to 10 – AP" #
- Rt @Andrew_Gribble: You know it's about to go down when the Weather Channel adds white to its severe weather color palette." #
- RT @TWCBreaking: Funnel cloud, golfball #hail reported in Ft. Smith, AR. #Tornado alert & radar: http://t.co/d7XVQQs #severe #
- RT "@TWCBreaking: Softball size #hail in Van Buren, AR. How big is that and what can that do: http://t.co/7eMpH7a #severe quot; #
- Went from clear and just over 60 to dark, 53 and raining hard in under 8 minutes #mowx #
- RT @reedtimmerTVN: Just intercepted in the Dominator. Debris slamming right side of the vehicle." #
- RT @TheStormWire: Potential Tornado over Russellville, AR moving northeast at 45mph – http://t.co/nql9fpt http://t.co/hBYjxGh" #
- RT @arwxdailygrind: Tornado Sirens in Conway are going off Rotation is E of Conway moving to the E @ 35 mph Vilonia take cover NOW #arwx #
- RT @WeatherRick: Scattered small pockets of mainly marble-sized hail located under several storms across Benton County. #arwx quot; #
- Town was just hit yesterday @TheStormWire: Potential Tornado should pass north of Vilonia, AR – http://t.co/GQL2Vp5 #
- RT @SvrWxChaser: OZARK, AR! Radar indicating a #tornado will move into or just N of town. Take cover NOW! #arwx quot; #
- Rt @TWCBreaking: 2 trucks overturned on I-40 near Marion, AR from that #Memphis metro rain-wrapped mess. #severe quot; #
- Rt @KATV_Weather: Large damaging hail north of Shirley in Van Buren County. #arwx quot; #
- At 7:08, a funnel cloud was reported by a trained spotter 3 miles east of Choctaw in Van Buren County, moving toward Fairfield Bay. #
- Uhm, I'm going to go with yes. @iWitnessWeather: We think this qualifies as an outbreak, you think? http://t.co/AhXS5eY #severe quot; #
- Rt @GregNordstrom: Clarksdale, MS http://t.co/88NFwLx" #
- Rt @TheStormWire Potential Torando developing 3 miles SW of Lake Dardenelle,AR moving E at 50mph – http://t.co/Opo0UnI http://t.co/hBYjxGh #
- Rt @NTXLonghornWx: Large tornado on the ground near Lost Prarie in Limestone County. #
- RT @NEWS25sdimmich SPC expands MODERATE risk of severe storms tonight into much of the Tri-State Significant tornado/hail threat #tristatewx #
- Signing off for a while until the storms cut loose on us tonight. Meanwhile watch my #weather list for regular updates from Wx pros! #
- I may be sick @OlivaIan: so the Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block got together to create one big super boy band. wow. #fail #
Powered by Twitter Tools
A long time ago my cousin of the female persuasion was staying with my first wife and I. She was, and still is a shapely lass if I may say so, and raised manu eye brows of the local boys. She still does.
I have many friends. Some with unique and otherwise alternative lifestyles. One such friend made a comment regarding her being of age and pondered to me if she wou?d be intrested in exploring said lifestyle with he and hois wife.
I never wanted to strike a friend as much as I did in that moment. I am that way with my family.
Years have passed. I have grown older, and wiser about somethings. I am still naive about others. Such is the way of the world I reckon.
In my orientation at my new employer I made the aquaintance of a gentlemen, let’s call him Mike. While Mike has no alternative lifestyle he is somewhat viewed with warisome eyes by some.
He is Iranian.
He has long been from his homeland, years since he has seen its earth as it were. He left at a young age, moving to Spain, then Canada, finally setteling here barely 2 years ago.
My Arabic is rusty. How rusty was soon made evident after I greeted him formally. To his credit he laughed and corrected by enunciation, and he has continued to do so since.
A student of Christian theology, he does not follow the Quran. He has little interest in politics, he is content to raise his family here in the land of the free.
We have struck up a regular luncheon. Each day we meet and talk of our jobs and general social matters.
Working in IT we have a large number of Hindus whom regard us with suspicion, a caucasian and Iranian conversing in mixmash of English and Arabic.
I have in the years aquired another close friend who does follow the Quran. He views extremists as being as hard as a Catholic sect whom is reknowned for self mutilation in their piety. Both misinterpret their religions in his eyes.
The point of all this being as I lay down last night was a thought that permeated my brain, keeping me awake most of the evening.
People hate without reason.
There is evil out there, of that I have no doubt. I have seen it myself. And there are those whom would change thr very definition of it given chance and time.
Diversity is here to stay. Better to understand, comprehend and embrace change versus fight the inevitable.
As for me I prefer to with hold my judgement on people until I learn more. Act as needed. Learn first.
Wether an act of maturity, education or of naiviety remains to be seen.
Posted from WordPress for Android
- Lots of flooding in SWMO #weather http://t.co/UR92gye #
- RT @jbelliott: Anxious times ahead. We'll have followups. Things could change with the moderate risk still 3 days out. But I doubt it. #
- RT @KATV_Weather: Good morning twitter peeps. Big day in weather in AR. Hope nothing bad happens. Stay weather aware! #ARWX quot; #
- RT @ryanvaughan: A failing levee has prompted evacuations in parts of Poplar Bluff along Black River. #MOWX quot; #
- Lots of flooding in SWMO #weather http://t.co/UR92gye #MOWX #
- RT @KATV_Weather: Severe weather is possible all day, but HIGHEST threat comes mid to late afternoon from SW to NE #ARWX #
- MT @Ala_StormChaser Capping inversion for sure but should break around 2-4pm. STP over 6 units, Severe composite off th… http://t.co/TuV8iMV #
- RT @Region8News: BREAKING NEWS: Poplar Bluff, MO police issue mandatory evacuation http://t.co/pHvV2jB #flood quot; #
- Rt @ryanvaughan: Wow… Look at the Spring River LIVE: http://t.co/f1HFRsI Going up fast. Crest about 1" higher… if not more #ARWX quot; #
- Rt @Region8News: BREAKING NEWS: PB Police have set up shelter at Black River Coliseum, more details at http://t.co/b27OKub" #
- The best/worst still to come it seems @WTVA_JWatson: Watch possible for N. MS & portions of AR & TN……http://t.co/UHCIfXv." #
- Rt @ryanvaughan: Reminder, if we go wall-to-wall and you lose power, turn to @1049TheFox , @eagle1005 , @mix1067" #
- Rt @KATV_Weather: Video update #arwx http://t.co/3awvt3X" #
- If you are in or near Poplar Bluff, MO the time to evac is now! http://t.co/oaTfZtr #mowx #
- Serious situation @pbpd urging sight-seers traveling by boat to STAY AWAY from flooded areas. Could make catastrophic situation worse. #mowx #
- Rt @JimCantore: @ryanvaughan highest crest @ CGI was in 1993 according to website. 48.49 ft on 08/08/1993" #
- Here it comes @severewarn: Severe Thunderstorm Watch for portions of the area in AR until 3:00pm CDT. #arwx #
- Rt @iembot_spc: #SPC WW 200 SEVERE TSTM AR MS TN 251415Z – 252000Z http://t.co/TIfKoYx" #
- Not looking good anywhere @stormyweather25: NWS Paducah, KY: "prepare for catastrophic flooding" http://t.co/A8DR04Y #kywx quot; #
- This…could get very ugly…quickly @ryanvaughan: Models showing over 7" of rain within next week in Jonesboro. #ARWX quot; #
- LIVE chat and interactive radar with live streaming with storm chasers today now up on the AR Weather Blog #ARWX http://t.co/NpTDTqu #
- Flood Warning issued April 25 at 9:03AM CDT expiring April 28 at 7:41AM CDT by NWS Springfield http://t.co/A44lMgx... http://t.co/BDljnG6 #
- Rt @AndreaButera: **DEVELOPING** Evacs underway near Poplar Bluff, MO after a levee breach along the Black River. Still gathering details." #
- Rt @WTVA_JWatson: RT @IrishWxman: Levee at Poplar Bluff is reported as broken at Hwy UU and 53. #mowx #nwspah" #
- RT @amwills: Talked to mom. Flood water is creeping up on the house in #Naylorville CR 270. Gonna have to get the boat out. #MOWX #
- Greeeeat /sarcasm @KATV_Weather: Storms in eastern Oklahoma developing and moving into NW Arkansas will only add to flooding problems #ARWX quot; #
- Ok my Arkansas friends, get the boats out @KATV_Weather: severe thunderstorms now in NE Oklahoma pushing into NW AR #ARWX quot; #
- Rt @wxsarah: Over 1000 homes have been evacuated in Poplar Bluff. @brandimhodges is there and will have latest on @Region8News today. #mowx #
- Rt @txstormchasers: Multimedia briefing from the Storm Prediction Center regarding today's #tornado threat. http://t.co/QFBVEcP #arwx #okwx #
- Rt Poplar Bluff leave NOW @JimCantore He also said, if residents don't get out now and the levee does fail, they won't be able to get out… #
- Scary @ryanvaughan: Hardy SkyCAM. Water close to railroad tracks: http://t.co/f1HFRsI #ARWX #
- Rt @USGS: Check out where flooding and high flow conditions are being recorded real-time on USGS streamgages in the US: http://t.co/YUkxkvd #
- Just wow @AR_Emergencies: Pics of past road damage from flooding (2008) #arwx http://t.co/jgUZQWq http://t.co/XyZ1Yfz http://t.co/KNy0GIc #
- Mt @weatherchannel: An account of the significant outbreaks leading to a new April tornado record. Our "scorecard": http://t.co/2lbCzan #
- "@JimCantore: @peepers24 http://t.co/Dwpcfop" #
- True @ryanvaughan: Please take the flooding seriously. We do not need any deaths from something we can protect ourselves from. #ARWX #MOWX" #
- Hard rain in Bentonville, ar currently. Very dark as well. #arwx #
- MT @weatherchannel: anticipated next wave of hvy rain developing in eastern OK, north TX behind initial line in AR. http://t.co/ZOAekp0 #
- MT @KOMUnews: Maybe 1,000 ppl evacuated after levee bursts in Poplar Bluff. KOMU reporter on the way. http://t.co/QOZkkg0 #
- Rt @TWCBreaking: #Hail up to golfball size in NE #Dallas metro right now. Pull your car in the garage. Alert & radar: http://t.co/LepNRxE #
- Rt @ryanvaughan: Local Aviation peeps (as if anyone in GA is flying), but Cape Girardeau Airport closing. Water over runway. #MOWX quot; #
- Rt @KATV_Weather: Tornado watch is for areas from about Ft. Smith to Mt. Ida to Arkadelphia to Texarkana westward #ARWX quot; #
- Rt @weatherchannel: 3-day totals now topping 14" in Springdale, AR….10" in sw MO & eastern OK. Map of heaviest rain: http://t.co/ak1YzDo #
- Trent Creek in Sw Mo #mowx #flooding http://t.co/GUAsTaH #
- Sugar Creek swmo #mowx #flooding http://t.co/dUbq0b7 #
Powered by Twitter Tools
- Rt @tornadoquest: Latest severe #weather 4cast: farther south than yesterday, TX/OK/AR at greatest risk for large hail. http://t.co/kt4eMkn #
- RT @ryanvaughan: Hope everyone in Mount Judea, AR is in a safe spot! #ARWX quot; #
- RT @severestudios: Tornado Watch for parts of AR MO until Midnight http://t.co/gtdy7Ke #
- Rt @ryanvaughan: Rotation passing South of Jasper. Just north of Deer. 8:40 image: http://t.co/Xcy5RmI Mount Judea, TAKE COVER #ARWX quot; #
Powered by Twitter Tools
- RT The MDT Risk is mainly for large HAIL threat, however a 10% tornado risk has been added for N AR, SE MO, S IL: http://t.co/TDXRdQd #
- More data @wxbrad: Moderate risk upgrade coming for OK,AR,MO http://t.co/zQ3wjOH #weather #
- Rt @TexasChaser: Tornado warned storm just east of Oklahoma City. http://t.co/cjSry2v #
- RT @JimCantore Storms now producing tornadoes in KY, MO, and OK. Join us on TWC for complete coverage. #tornado quot; #
- RT @SvrWxChaser: Just had a funnel to the NE of Pauls Valley, OK on my stream: http://t.co/YpC5kWs Moving to get a better look. #okwx quot; #
- Local chaser @KDRMedia: Brian DePriest is streaming LIVE in MO as warned cells come through his area http://t.co/HjDmJEJ #mowx #severe #
- From Benton County @BCDailyRecord: Hail still falling. Getting heavier and larger. #
- Incoming @AJinOK: on a strongly rotating storm… sirens going off in byars, ok. #
- RT @KDRMedia: James Hilger is experiencing some heavy rain as he punches a core in AR http://t.co/zLgcNxY #arwx #tornado #severe #
- Hopefully stays that way @BCDailyRecord: Hail over, rain slacking off and sky getting brighter." #
- Or not @WeatherRick: overall it appears the storm is weakening as it moves toward Bentonville. Weak and brief tornado touchdown is possilbe #
- Chasers @severestudios: Bret, John, Matthew, and Denton all streaming LIVE from a tornado warned storm in northwest ARK: http://t.co/xWIbOH8 #
- Wall cloud in NWA @KATV_Weather: Watch the wall cloud here LIVE #ARWX http://t.co/u0ZYHiV #
- Well, so much for hope @arkansasweather: Golfball sized hail has been reported in Bentonville. #arwx #
- That's 5 miles from me @arkansasweather: A funnel cloud has been sighted at mile marker 88 on I-540 in the Rogers/Bentonville area. #arwx #
- RT @JimCantore TORNADO EMERGENCY POSSIBLE FOR ST. LOUIS METRO. TORNADO ON GROUND NEAR NEW MELLE, MO" #
- RT "@WeatherRick: 2" hail reported in Centerton at 7:10pm" #
- RT @spotternetwork: 07:44PM CDT Tor<-Spotr 3 miles W of Byars, OK-Large Tornado on the ground 2 E – Violent motion.. #
- RT @twcMarkElliot: All TVs in busch stadium just directed people to shelter. Tornado headed to N. suburbs of St. Louis http://t.co/epUWJXk #
- RT @Ryan_WTOL: Jesse Risley has a possible wall cloud (maybe more?) on his live cam: http://t.co/yR81M1e @JimCantore #wx #stlouis #
- Rt Developing: All windows in Lambert Field's Airport main terminal have blown away in St. Louis, MO with extensive roof damage #
Powered by Twitter Tools
Been a loooong week.
And here it is good Friday all ready.
The week has gone well. It’s also been a excellent learning experience. Folks from my old employer are contacting me, asking to use me as a reference which I will gladly oblige.
My old job was good in many ways and nightmarish in others. The biggest issue however was the complete lack of basic human understanding. The implied desire of implicit servitude they seemed to want out of their staff.
My new job? Not so much. My hours are my own as long as I do at least 9 of them.
The biggest challenge for me right now is trying to find a pace, a rhythm, to keep up with everything. Work, school, family and this site mainly.
Done a lousy job of keeping it up dated this week, and V00d3w is also buried it seems I have not spoken to him recently either.
Anyone want a job blogging?
All said and told the new job has been spectacular. I have a gym membership now, so perhaps I can knock a few pounds off the old waistline.
And I’ve went a entire week on a tank of gas. Something that I did in 2 days with the old job.
I’m hoping good thinks are on the horizon. I just have to keep it all in perspective
My daughter loves all things great and small.
Countless zoo’s, walks in the woods, instead of kiddie movies she gets Imax video’s on nature, underwater exploration, and endangered species.
We’ve tried to make learning something fun, basically.
As such she loves nature, and has a deep fondness for animals especially.
Unfortunately there are some lessons she is learning that are hard for her to understand.
Read the rest of this entry »
- Last Day before 5 days of Radio silence. Shall we live it up some day Tweeps? #
- 4 Dead in Arkansas. Can't blame SPC directly, but those warnings should have been more timely last night #disgusted Storm was already in MO. #
- Last night's storms will likely bring out storm-chasing con artists. Tips to avoid them: http://1.usa.gov/fyvPkw #
- Storm Cell that struck Clinton, MS moving towards Tuscaloosa, AL Be advised and start your preparations now! #
- **Very Dangerous Tornado Outbreak Continues To Unfold in Mississippi and Alabama*** #
- Storms Claim 6 during the night – http://www.registeredevil.com/archives/4014 #
- GA Tweeps start gearing up. This storm is a freight train and it doesn't seem to care whats in its way. Stay Alert, Stay Alive! #
- And thats it for me folks. This channel going silent for a few days while I change jobs. Hope to be on sporadically. Stay safe!! #
Powered by Twitter Tools
- Uhh.. @Heminator: How to commemorate the royal wedding if you need a new refrigerator and are insane. http://t.co/LaWJhZd #
- Looking like a fun night tonight! Catch the play by play from some of the best Storm chasers in America via my "Weather" list! #
- Keep your weather radio's nearby Midwesterners, and stay tuned to your news channels. Could be a "blustery" night. #
- Winds picking up here on the NW Arkansas/Missouri border #
- Seeing reports of a confirmed tornado near Stonewall, OK
Tornado Warning for Phillips County in KS until 6:00pm CDT #
- Sky darkening here. Light wind gusts. Sun is blocked but nothing sunbtantial as of yet #
- Hi Rez Radar shot courtesy of TWC showing incoming storm system http://twitpic.com/4kvy9s #
- NWA & SW MO pay attention to this storm. Plenty of advanced warning. Get your shelters ready, and be prepared. You may need it tonight #
- Radio, Flashlight, water, charged cellphone, space blankets are all items that should be in your shelter. Stay Alert, Stay Alive! #
- Take cover @svrwxtweets: Update on #Tulsa area severe weather. http://t.co/n3EsndO #Sapulpa #Jenks SW Tulsa take shelter now. #
- You've heard the joke about the Bomb tech running? This is a storm chaser. And he's not joking. http://alturl.com/n9z9q #
- Tornado sirens going off around the Tulsa metro. Current radar image: http://wxch.nl/gZOxAR #
- AR Skywarn will be activated sometime after 7:30. You can listen live on the right side of the AR Weather Blog. #ARWX http://bit.ly/ht4Baj #
- South Metro Tulsa area take cover now. Strong rotation coming thru per TWC #
- Seven super cell thunderstorms lined up along Highway 75 in Oklahoma. Still at least two hours away from Northwest Arkansas. #
- National Weather Service in Tulsa sees a wall cloud over sw Tulsa from their office. No tornado sighted at this time. #
- Tornado reported 2 miles north Madill, Okla. (east of Ardmore) with debris. Radar of the area: http://wxch.nl/eM8Adj #
- Clock is ticking NWA/SWMO Pay attention to the skies, get ready. Looks to be a long night #
- Streaming live at 6:30 #ARWX http://bit.ly/ht4Baj #
- Per NWS Tulsa: Environment increasingly favorable for tornadoes in SE OK, possibly strong and long-lived. Radar: http://wxch.nl/gRNbGi #
- Tishmingo oklahoma tornado on the ground. And grapefruit size hail likely #
- Dangerous storm SW of McAlester, Okla. Very strong rotation headed through S Pittsburgh Co., Okla. Radar/warn: http://wxch.nl/g0SuDU #
- 7 tornado's currently reported on the ground in Oklahoma #
- Awesome photo of wall cloud over SW Tulsa earlier when radar indicated a strong circulation: http://twitpic.com/4kwfyo
#weather #tornado #
- Awesome photo of wall cloud over SW Tulsa earlier when radar indicated a strong circulation: http://twitpic.com/4kwfyo #weather #tornado #
- Blasted Twitter double posting for me. Yesh. State of the art my…. #
- 4.25 inch Hail being reported in Oklahoma currently #
- New data is in and the cap is about a thick as your fingernail! I believe that the cap will break quickly later on.. http://fb.me/EeUqX0dB #
- Taking a break. Last minute preparations for myself #
- Monster supercell moving east through SE Oklahoma if it holds together could affect Scott & Sebastian Counties in AR in about an hour #arwx #
- Just to get a good idea the size of this storm http://www.goes.noaa.gov/ECIR4.html #
- RT @severestudios Rotation near Atoka OK has INCREASED Probly strongest tornado signature on radar so fr today Cant stress it enough 4 Atoka #
- Over 200 Storm Chasers, Meteorologists, and severe weather geeks all on one list: http://twitter.com/#!/list/BloodSpite/weather-4 #
- Confirmed report: Large, violent tornado near Tushka, OK. This is the Atoka, OK area previously talked about!” #
- Report of a large tornado near Atoka, Oklahoma. Radar image of the area: http://wxch.nl/hsoriw #
- NWS: AT 735 PM CDT…A LARGE…VIOLENT TORNADO THAT HAS PRODUCED DAMAGE WAS LOCATED JUST SOUTH OF ATOKA…MOVING NORTHEAST AT 35 MPH #
- Mother Nature seems intent on reenacting the Belfast Blitz on its anniversary….in the Midwest of the US #
- Folks in West Central Arkansas keep a close eye to the sky over the next 6 hours. Mena I know that is the last thing you want to hear. #arwx #
- Can't believe storm cell crossing at Ft Smith and Benton is only one issuing warning. Dumbfounded They not seeing same radar rest of us are? #
- Large wall cloud on stream now! Just west of Wagner, Oklahoma. http://bit.ly/BartIMAP #okwx #
- Lots of thunder. No rain. Slight winds on Missouri Arkansas line here #
- Winds increasing. Storm radio finally going off. Still no rain. Some thunder. #
- That's me in shelter @WeatherRick: Tornado is now well in Missouri and headed toward Jane, Missouri. #mowx #
- The ? We all ask @WeatherRick: Why no watches in NWA? They are getting ready to issue one for this area. #
- Sad. Ppl in danger @KATV_Weather: The most anticipated tornado watch in AR weather history #ARWx #
- Extended from 2100 tornado on ground near pinevile @severewarn: Tornado Warning for McDonald and Newton County in MO until 9:45pm CDT. #mowx #
- Please tell this to the SPC @AR_Emergencies: Being informed during #arwx is also knowing what is headed ur way. #
- Movement @iembot_spc: #SPC WW 136 TORNADO AR MO OK TX 150210Z – 150900Z http://t.co/JMX0cys #
- Yesh talk about red tape delay @ryanvaughan: And there is the Arkansas Tornado Watch #ARWX #
- Overdue but better late than never @AR_Emergencies: Tornado watches issued for a large portion of Ark. http://t.co/yUFuYzh #arwx #
- Keep yer eyes peeled RT @KATV_Weather: Tornado watch for most of the state… graphically #ARWX http://t.co/zir1Gyw #
- Out of the shelter. High wind gusts minimal rain. Lots of lightning. Report of tornado to my NW in Pineville, MO. Storm moved past me seems #
- This is why folks need to pay attention @JimCantore: Red Cross Confirmed 1 Dead 3 Critical Down by Tushka, OK #Tornado #severe #OKwx #
- Rt @AR_Emergencies: RT @KATV_Weather: People in Arkoma, Fort Smith and Van Buren need to take cover now. #ARWX quot; #
- Winds def picking up here in SWMO compared to earlier #
Powered by Twitter Tools
Severe weather is a funny thing. It can roll in like a beast and swamp you before you have a chance to act. That wasn’t the case last night.
People were joking last night about the amount of notice we had about the storms.
But the kicker comes when the Storm Prediction Center was not issuing watches for the State of Arkansas. Countless meteorologists and storm chasers, as well as armchair weather geeks like myself were asking the same question last night:
When the Storm Prediction Center (SPC) of the NOAA declares a Watch it is a pretty substantial action. The whole intention of the watch process being ran by the SPC is because of the sheer area they can monitor and cover, versus the more locally driven National Weather Service (NWS) which relies on local information and local announcements.
Can I say that those folks were placed in harms way due to a lack of action by the SPC?
Not directly. but what I can say is it has been proven, by the SPC’s own reports, that early warnings and watches save lives.
And last night that did not happen. By the time the SPC issued the watch for Arkansas there was already a report of a tornado on the ground due North in Missouri that came right across the Bentonville, Bella Vista area. Fortunately in Missouri we had our watches easily a full 45 minutes before it hit.
No matter how you cut it, last night was inexcusable.
It’s TGIF ladies and gentlemen,
It’s also my last day at my current job.
Between the new job, surviving the deadly storms of last night, and just maybe a little something new to blog about, inspired by several storm-chasers and other NOAA Spotters I have networked with via Twitter, this is a good thing. A New dawn so to speak.
Lets celebrate shall we?
Change, when it comes, cracks everything open.