Posts Tagged ‘Country’
You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.
So some folks got what they wanted last night and some folks didn’t. Such is the way of the world and the nature of the beast.
I won’t sit here and try to ploy niceties and say I think under this leadership we are heading in anything even vaguely considerable to the right direction.
But nor will I quibble over it.
What I am concerned about is a much more conscionable change in our culture as a whole.
- Last night we elected a woman whom has led most of her life as a fraud
- We voted to legalize a product that is arguably worst than tobacco.
- We elected a President who likely allowed US diplomats to be killed
- We reelected an administration whom supported an Attorney General who has managed to kill at least 1 Border Patrol agent and hundreds if not thousands of Mexican citizens.
- We reelected a President who disenfranchised military voters.
- And a act of terrorism where soldiers and civilians were killed was classified as “work place violence”
Any one of these alone, ten years ago, would have shown a government official the door. But in this day and age not a single thing has been done on any of them.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not happy with the outcome, but I am more concerned over our populaces willingness to forgo these slights against itself.
Rather we have created entire generations whom are dependent upon the government. I’ll be exploring this more in coming days but historically speaking it’s a scary trend for our nation.